The Goals of the Facilities Master Plan are:
- To establish a physical planning framework that will promote future stewardship, orderly growth, efficient use of capital and operating resources, and appropriate development of available land consistent with the strategic plan, mission, and values of the institution.
- Be responsive to the institution's current and projected needs and be flexible to accommodate unexpected changes for capital improvements on campus. The plan will be data-driven, inclusive, visionary, and responsive to internal and external stakeholder needs.
- To develop a comprehensive plan, integrating planned development with utilities infrastructure, site, landscape, sustainability, and multi-modal transportation circulation that will enhance the connectivity of campus facilities and the University’s surrounding communities.
The entire process is divided into three phases and will take approximately 18 months.
- Phase I: Data Gathering and Assessment, March - August 2022
Collect and analyze existing plans, studies, and data. Gather input from campus and surrounding communities.
- Phase II: Draft Plan Development, September 2022 - January 2023
Synthesize Phase I data. Develop conceptual plans to address needs outlined and input received in Phase I.
- Phase III: Final Plan Approvals, February - June 2023
Incorporate Phase II feedback of concept plans. Develop Final Plan Draft
University and Community Involvement
Because the Master Plan impacts students, faculty, staff as well as the surrounding College Park Community, the Master Planning Team will solicit input through a variety of engagement opportunities, including open forums for university and community stakeholders, discipline-specific work groups and surveys.