Manages the physical appearance of the UMD campus, including academic buildings, outdoor terrain, and agriculture to provide a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Arboretum and Landscape Services
- Administrative Services (e.g., Special Services, moving, laboratories, furnishings, recycling, solid waste collection, etc.)
- Building Services/Housekeeping
- Heavy Equipment Repair
- Pest Management
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Snow Management Operations
- Special Services/Event Support
- Special Services/Moving and Storage
- Stormwater Facilities Inspection and Maintenance
Manages business services that serve both Facilities Management employees and the campus community.
- Customer Response Center
- FM Warehouse
- FM Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Logistical Services/Terrapin Trader
- Fleet/Transportation Services
- Technology Services & Work Management
Supports daily operations and makes the repairs needed to preserve the university’s assets so they continue to provide needed services.
- Area Maintenance
- Engineering & Energy
- Facilities Maintenance Programs
- Operation, maintenance, and renewal of facilities and infrastructure (e.g., Piped Services, Electrical Services, Structures, HVAC, Utility distribution systems)
- Painting Services
- Signs & Graphics
- 24/7 Incident Response Unit
Plans, designs, and constructs capital projects to support university growth and enhance its capabilities.
- Capital Budgeting
- Client Institution Project Management (>$1MM)
- Project Management (typically >$200k)
- Facilities Planning
- In-House Design Services
- Technical Support (College Park and Client Institutions)
Strategic Initiatives & Communications: The Strategic Initiatives team provides direction and support on key department-wide initiatives (e.g., strategic planning, and employee engagement) and is tasked with representing/advocating for FM across the university. The Communications team crafts and conveys messaging to internal FM staff and external stakeholders to keep them informed and engaged with FM.
FM Safety & Emergency Management: Plans, coordinates, and executes emergency management programs such as staff safety training, operational response to emergencies, and technical support.