Facilities Management (FM) provides a broad range of services to the campus community:
- Maintenance, repairs and housekeeping in administrative and academic buildings
- Maintain the campus landscaping in a sustainable manner
- Equipment and support for special events
- Signs and graphics that range from name tags to large walls and vehicles
- Fleet services that include vehicle rental assistance, maintenance and fueling options
- Mail and package deliveries across campus
- Office and laboratory moves
- Elimination of surplus equipment
- Recycling, composting and solid waste removal
- Planning and construction for large capital projects as well as small renovation projects
- Off-campus space rental assistance
Basic housekeeping and routine maintenance services are provided at no charge, as well as mail delivery and standard recycling. Learn more about these services and the additional billable services provided by Facilities Management.
Emergencies such as gas smells, smoke, or unusual odors should be reported to Public Safety – call 911 from a campus phone, or 301-405-3333. For other urgent situations such as flooding, call the Customer Response Center at 301-405-2222. For less urgent situations, fill out a work request form.